The Ready to Work Exchange (RTWE) is SIREN Women's Cooperative's creative community service project where we assist women with developing job interview and search skills.
SIREN Women's Cooperative members and RTWE participants also exchange resources, unique knowledge, and our personal and professional stories to build meaningful connections between women of different backgrounds and experiences in our community.
Women who participate in the RTWE are identified through local community organizations and receive a subsidized SIREN membership offering as part of participating in the RTWE program.
All profits from the sale of our Women, Words, and the Water book benefit The Ready to Work Exchange.
Listen below to our Book Launch program held at The Blithewold Mansion, July 2019:
Ready to Work Exchange - Information for Particiapnts
We are thrilled to be assisting you with preparing for your job interview! The events below will occur ideally over a 6-month period at both the SIREN Women’s Cooperative professional community meeting spaces. We will agree upon dates and times that are best for you. We will be happy to answer your questions and provide feedback throughout all steps of the program!
Here’s what we will be doing together:
1. Developing or editing your resume at SIREN. We will provide you with examples so you can begin working on a draft before we meet (if possible)! (1 hour time commitment).
2. Based on the type of job you expect to be applying for, one of our co-op professionals will be designing a 25-45 minute mock interview for you to participate in so you may practice some job interview skills. You may choose the format: either a 1:1 or group mock interview (1 hour time commitment).
3. Need assistance with dressing for success? Our co-op members will guide you through the process of selecting and perhaps obtaining professional attire for your job interview. (1-2 hour time commitment).
4. One of our skilled Life Coaches, Suzanne Ramponi, will guide you through a 30 minute life coaching session to help boost your confidence and belief in your own success shortly before the big job interview day (45 minute time commitment).
5. We will ask you to complete a short survey about job interview preparedness before and after we begin this process (20 minute time commitment).
We are so excited to be working with you and welcome you to our SIREN member meetings to tell your story and ask any questions you may have of us. We are looking forward to growing and learning together!